A Fun Take on Clear Glaze!
Introducing Mayco's newest Specialty Glaze product, Speckta-Clear Celebration (SG-702). Speckta-Clear functions as a high-gloss clear glaze with the added surprise of specks! With only one coat on a glazed background, Speckta-Clear provides a pleasing compliment or contrast of shiny specks reflecting light or a combination of colorful specks. Designed to be used at cone 06, this clear glazes can be used for all over coverage or in design with Stroke & Coat, Foundations, Fundamentals, and other Mayco glazes.
While Cobblestones can be applied over a previously fired glaze the cracked pattern will become more pronounced if applied on an unfired glaze.
- Shake for 5-6 seconds before use.
- Dispense glaze onto a palette (tile, plate, etc.) and apply 2 coats with a broad, soft brush, such as a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan Brush.
- Apply the second coat while the first coat is still damp: do not allow Cobblestone to dry between coats.
- Pattern break-up is determined by the application direction of the brush stroke. Large break up heavier application, small breakup lighter application.
- If application is too light the cobblestone will not break up. Reapplying and touching up will not achieve a break up.
- Fire to cone 06 or higher.